Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thoughts on Thursday

I fink I will let the Mommie sleeps to nite. She luks furry tyred an iz styl makin dat coff noizy. Chance sed ta leeve her bee, buts I wanned mai tummy rubbed soes I woked her up all nite. But den da coff noize wuld scares me an I runned away. It waz a fun gam ta pway wif Mommie but now she iz not furry happies. I fink she needs sum sleeps.

Puuuurrrrsssssssssssssss & Lovey Paws

Imp

*Question from Mommie: When I took Imp to the Vet the other week they said they thought she was pregnant because of her belly bulge and inflammed nipples. But now her belly bulge is shrinking and her nipples are barely noticable. I asked the Vet if maybe the bulge was just from worms and she told me she was sure Imp was pregnant. I am beginning to doubt this. Has anyone else experienced this and what is your advice for me. Should I still prepare for kittens even though according to the Vet she should have had them last week? Or should I wait another week or two to be certain? I would appreciate any advice. Thanks! Nelle (a.k.a. Mommie)

11 comments:

LZ said...

Hmmmm kittens are tricky! I'd say if the nipples were big they should be here in a few days after that. At least with horses they "wax" and then the baby comes.

Snap

Nina Torbie said...

Oh, Chance, I'd love to visit with you! I think we should still share the Gizzy with Imp. She needs to learn how close is too close. I'm also glad Shadow doesn't smell like itch medicine! Purrs & sandpaper kisses,
~ Nina

Is Imp having a false pregnancy? A friend's kitty was declared by the vet to be having a false pregnancy, until she suddenly had two adorable "false" kittens!

BTW, males are still fertile up to something like 6 weeks after getting neutered! Another friend found that out the hard way. Her cat showed NO signs of pregnancy until she gave birth! Also 2 kittens. Maybe she doesn't look as pregnant because she's fattening up!

Niko and Cloud said...

Not a fun thought, but is it possible she had a miscarriage? Mom knows absolutely NOTHING about cats regarding pregnancy.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Sorry we can't help you out on this, as we have absolutely no experience, but we hope someone can!

IMp, be a good sweet girl and let your mom rest!

Your Pals,
Sen-Chan, Tom and Tama-Chan

Daisy said...

There have been many cats and kittens at the shelter with worms, and they do sometimes get a round-bellied look, but worms do not affect the appearance of the nipples.

TabbyNormal said...

A mystery! We cats are so skilled at intrigue.

We hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Purrs,
Abby & Stygia

Zoe and Indy said...

Well we know absolutely nothing about cat pregnancy, but is it possible she could have just had kittens shortly before she was dropped off maybe?

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

False preggies happen...

LC

Motor Home Cats said...

We don't know anything about it either. We agree that it could be a false pregnancy, but other than that, we are clueless.

Miss Imp, you need to let your mama sleep. If she is making a coff noise, that is all the more reason she needs to sleep so she can be well enough and rested enough to go out and earn papers to buy you food, treats and toys.

Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

Everycat said...

I don't know if it's possible to safely do it, but an ultrasound would show up if there were kittens inside Imp and if they were still ok. I'd ask the vet about the possibility of an ultrasound scan or at least a thorough exam to try and ensure that Imp is ok and there are no dead kittens inside her (I know, awful thought :( but it can happen)
I know reabsorbtion is possible but I don't know if it's possible all the way to full term. Also wondered if Imp's behaviour at night wanting tummy rubs might be a clue..

Hope all is well and the mystery is soon solved.

Whicky Wuudler

Sunny's Mommy said...

If the vet felt Imp was that close to delivery, due to have them last week, you would be able to feel the kittens when you palpate her belly. Maybe it's a false pregnancy?